35 KVA – 62.5 KVA
Diesel generator set S series
Latest technology product :
Value for money
The Cummins ® ‘S series’ engine powered diesel generating sets offer the best fuel economy, best warranty terms and lowest cost of maintenance thereby proving to be the most economical power solution. With the superior designed engine and world class Cummins Generator Technologies (Stamford) make alternator, the gensets come equipped with Cummins corporate genset controller for ease of use and monitoring generator performance.
Silent, compact and light weight
The Cummins ® ‘S series’ DG sets are smaller and lighter than any other DG set in it’s class, thus giving you the advantage of optimizing your valuable space.
Environment friendly power
The Cummins ® ‘DXP series’ base DG sets are available with the lowest noise levels in it’s range and are CPCB certified for emissions compliance, thus offering you environment friendly power.
The genset powered by the reliable Cummins ® ‘X series’ diesel engine meets stringent exhaust emission tests as per MOEF norms without sacrificing fuel efficiency at normal operating loads.
The Cummins ® ‘S series’ DG sets are backed by the industry acknowledged best-in-class comprehensive warranty on the entire package including rubber components.
Lowest Operating Costs
All elements of the Cummins ® ‘S series’ DG sets are designed from the start to work together to maximize efficiency, even at part loads, thus offering you the advantage of lowest operating costs.
P1′ frame alternator on 35 & 40 kVA node provides improved serviceability. It is designed for ease of assembly, Light in weight. This alternator is also available with upfitable option of EBS (Excitation Boost System) for good motor starting and short circuit maintenance.
Single source power assurance
The rugged and reliable Cummins ® ‘S series’ DG sets are unique, because all the major components – the engine, alternator, control system and canopy are designed, manufactured and tested by Cummins India/ Channel partners(Powerica Limited). This, complemented by the largest customer support network in India, capable of providing round-the-clock service and spares support, offers you SINGLE SOURCE POWER ASSURANCE from the world leaders in power generation
Engine: Cummins® ‘S Series’ diesel generating sets, powered by Cummins® ‘S Series’ engines, are rated at 1500 RPM and conform to ISO 8528 specifications. The engines are radiator cooled, four stroke and multi-cylinder, conforming to BS 5514/ISO 3046
The scope of supply includes:
- Battery charging alternator
- MICO In-Line fuel system with mechanical governor
- Dual spin-on filter
- Lube oil filter
- Turbocharger (for 40, 50 and 62.5 kVA)
- Residential silencer
- CAC : Charge Air Cooler (for 62.5 kVA DG sets only)
- Dry type air cleaner
- Recovery bottle
- Shut-off coil with safeties for LLOP/ HWT
- Flywheel and flywheel housing
- First fill of lube oil and coolant
Stamford alternator from Cummins Generator Technologies, suitable for operation at 1500 RPM, 415 Volts, 0.8 pf (lag) suitable for 50 Hz, 3 phase, 4 wire system, conforming to BS 5000 / IS 4722. The Alternator is brushless type, screen protected, revolving field, self excited, self regulated through an AVR. The alternator has the following features:
- + 1.0 % Voltage regulation (max.) in static conditions
- IP: 23 protection with insulation class H
- Permissible overload of 10% for one hour in 12 hours of operation
- ‘P1′ frame alternator on 35 & 40 kVA node provides improved serviceability. It is designed for ease of assembly, Light in weight. This alternator is also available with upfitable option of EBS (Excitation Boost System) for good motor starting and short circuit maintenance.
Engine and alternator are mounted on a common MS fabricated base frame with AVM pads.
The control panel is manufactured with 14/16 gauge CRCA sheet and is powder coated for a weather-proof and long lasting finish.
The control panel consists of following parts:
- PS0500 Controller
- Aluminum bus bars with suitable capacity with in/outgoing terminals
- Indicating lamps for ‘Load On’ and ‘Set Running’
- Instrument fuses duly wired and ferruled
- MCCB of suitable rating with overload and short circuit protections
PS0500 Genset controller
Cummins PowerStart™ PS0500 control is a microprocessor based generator set monitoring and control system. The control provides a simple operator interface to the generator set, manual and remote start/ stop control, shutdown fault indication, and an LCD hour counter. The integration of all functions into a single control system provides enhanced reliability and performance compared to conventional generator set control systems. This control has been designed and tested to meet harsh environment in which gensets are typically applied.
Features, Functions, protections
16 character x 2 line alphanumeric LCD display with LED backlight
Provide a record of most recent fault conditions. Fault history stored in the control non volatile memory
Provide Alternator Data
- Voltage ( 1 ph or 3 ph line to line and line to neutral voltage)
- Current ( 1 ph or 3 ph)
- kVA (3 ph and total)
Provide Engine Data
- Starting battery voltage
- Engine running hours
- Engine Temp.
- Engine oil pressure
Control includes provision for Service adjustment and calibration of DG control functions
- Voltage, frequency selection
- Configurable input and output set up
- Meter calibration.
- PowerStart operates on 12 VDC batteries
- Auto start mode accepts a ground signal from remote devices to automatically start the DG set. The remote start will also wake up the control system from sleep mode.
- Engine Starting – The control system supports automatic engine starting, Primary and back up start disconnects are achieved by battery charging alternator feedback or main alternator output frequency.
- Controller provide configurable time delay of 0-300 secs to start after remote start signal and time delay of 0-600 secs prior to shutdown after stop signal.
- Sleep mode increase battery life. Configurable current settings from low to minimize current draw when genset is not working.
Engine Protective functions includes
- Configurable alarm output
- Emergency stop: Annunciated whenever an emergency stop signal is received by the control.
- Low lube oil pressure warning and Shutdown
- High engine water temp warning / Shutdown
- Low coolant temp warning
- Sensor failure indication
- Low and high battery voltage warning
- Weak battery warning
- Fail to start shut down
- Cracking lockout: Control will not allow the starter to engage or to crank the running engine.
- Cyclic cranking: Configurable for the number of starting cycle (1 to 7) and duration of crank and rest periods.
Alternator Protective functions includes
- High and Low AC voltage shut down
- Under and Over frequency shutdown / warning
- Loss of sensing voltage input shut down
- Fuel tank suitable for 8 hours of operation
- One dry and uncharged battery with battery leads